Thursday, July 7, 2011

For Profit Jesus?

I'm often asked about my religious and spiritual beliefs....and i often give the same answer:  I really don't know.  One thing i do know is that "church" is just as polluted as the private business sector.  The amount of profit, greed and scandal is plentiful.  Not to say that churches can't operate honorably......but come on now.....let's just step back and think about Eddie Long or any number of religious leaders that have been in the news recently.  Including those beloved Catholics!  So this brings me to the picture you see above.  A Jesus action figure with wheels and movable arms.  I can take him anywhere with me and have an immediate (and pure) connection for a one-time cost of three dollars, which feeds the profits of corporate whores like us, instead of the church.  He will listen to me without judgement and, perhaps most important, he won't touch me in inappropriately.  Unless I tell him to.  Go get yours tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment